are egcg and green tea the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are egcg and green tea the same?

I have myself all confused about green tea in diet pills. I’ve heard of egcg and I heard it is from green tea. Are these just two names for the same thing?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that green tea is the substance itself. ECGC is a part of green tea. It's an extract from it, or something like that. So they're not the same thing, but I think you get ECGC in both forms. Does that make sense?

Comment

No, they're not exactly the same thing. ECGC is component of green tea extract. So, like PamelaPoison has said, they're not the same thing, but ECGC is a part of Green Tea.

Comment

Thanks. I figured that might be the case but when it comes to diet pill ingredients, I feel like I never realy know. You get plant names and chemical names and extract names. I feel like I could get a degree in something and still never actually understand what all of these ingredients are all about.

I really appreciate the help, JennyR and PamelaPoison. It’s funny that I can get this information here, but when I look it up on websties, I never know what I should believe!

Comment

Working...
        X