Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are fat blockers safe if you eat a fat free diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are fat blockers safe if you eat a fat free diet?

If I am trying to use a fat free diet is it safe for me to use fat blockers to get rid of any of the extra fat that sneaks its way into the foods that I eat but that i don’t know is there?

I don't see why it wouldn't be safe. As long as you follow the recommendations and instructions I imagine you shouldn't have any problem. But, at the same time, when you first start taking it I would pay attention to how your body reacts. If you start experiencing symptoms you don't like, stop taking them.

Comment

I don' t think it's a matter of whether or not its safe, PamelaPoison, the question is will the fat blockers actually work? The answer is No. The point to fat blockers is to block the fat you are ingesting. Therefore, if you aren't actually eating any fat, the pill isn't going to do anything for you. In fact, most fat blocker products will tell you to skip a dose if you are eating fat-free or low-fat meals.

Comment

I don't even think it's a good idea to eat a fat free diet. It's not good for you. You need fat in your diet. Just make sure it's good fats.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
          I don't even think it's a good idea to eat a fat free diet. It's not good for you. You need fat in your diet. Just make sure it's good fats.

I agree with whirlybird.I think you need fat in your diet. Definitely the good kind. There is a difference between low fat and fat-free. That said, if you are taking fat blockers, as the other said, the whole point is to take them when have eaten fatty foods, as their whole purpose is to block them. Without this fat, they aren't blocking anything.

Comment

Working...
          X