Is theobromine a stimulant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is theobromine a stimulant?

I have seen that a lot of OTC diet pills have theobromine listed in their ingredients, which I think is what is in chocolate (if I'm not mistaken). Is it a stimulant? Lots of manufacturers of diet pills that used this substance claim that it provides an energy boost without the risk of side effects like sleeplessness. Is this true?

Yup. It's milder than caffeine,though. The two are similar. It comes from the cacao plant.

Comment

Like Whirlybird said, it is a stimulant and it is milder than caffeine, but of course it can still mess up your sleep, especially if you take it too close to bed time. It depends on how sensitive you are to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        Like Whirlybird said, it is a stimulant and it is milder than caffeine, but of course it can still mess up your sleep, especially if you take it too close to bed time. It depends on how sensitive you are to it.
        You're right about that. I wonder, though, if it's enough to actually do any added fat burning if it isn't really all that strong. I bet it's only strong enough to help if it's combined with something like caffeine.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Lately I feel like every ingredient in diet pills are stimulants. I'm starting to think that they don't actually help with fat burning, they just use them because they actually have an effect and make you feel more wired so you think that the pill is working. I think I might try some stimulant-free diet pills and see if they work at all.

Comment

Working...
          X