Glucomannan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucomannan

Is Glucomannan good? I've seen some studies but can't tell if they're trustworthy

I think it's one of the better natural fat blockers on the market, but I think how you use it is really important and determines how effective it actually is. Some people who take it find it hard on their digestive system and find themselves on the toilet a lot. Personally, I don't think it's really going to help much with weight loss...cause if it really, really did, then we'd all be using it and we'd all be reaching our weight loss goals a heck of a lot easier...

Comment

I dunno PennyThoughts, I'm kinda with you on this one. I mean, I'm sort-of on the fence about it. I've heard both good and bad things. Thought I've never tried it myself, I have heard that it does expand in your stomach, so I can see how it might make you fuller so you'll eat less...but whether or not it actually helps you lose weight...I dunno. Plus, I've heard a few horror stories of what can happen if you don't take it properly (like you don't drink enough water with it, etc.). I think I'm too worried about it screwing up my digestive track somehow, which is one of the reasons I've never tried it. Sorry I couldn't provide you with a better answer, but I still felt like I should share my honest opinion

Comment

There have been good studies and there have been studies that have found it to be ineffective for weight loss. Bottom line: there's just not enough clinical evidence to support that it can help with weight loss. I'm really getting frustrated with this because I feel like everything I read about for weight loss now it's the same story. There's not enough evidence to prove anything. All I'd suggest is that if you really want to give Glucomanan a try you should just go for it. Take it as directed and if you really want some good advice about it talk to a pharmacist or your doctor.

Comment

Working...
        X