Ashgwandah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashgwandah

I've been hearing a lot about this being a really good ingredient for weight loss. What exactly is this herb and is it effective or safe to take?

Good question. That sounds like somethign made up LOL Is there another name for it or is that the only name it's known by. I've never heard of that.

Comment

According to WebMD (http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...redientid=953&) there isn't any evidence at all that says that this ingredient works. In fact, it just hasn't been studied for pretty much anything. It's usually used to fight inflammation and for aches and pains. I wouldn't use it for weight loss.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        Good question. That sounds like somethign made up LOL Is there another name for it or is that the only name it's known by. I've never heard of that.
        It's also been trademarked as Sensoril I think. So if you see that ingredient listed in products it's the same thing.

There's lots of claims that it's good for health and weight loss. For weight loss it supposedly helps by acting as a natural adaptogen and fighting stress. That said, KraftMan is right. There is no evidence that it works.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraNorth View Post

It's also been trademarked as Sensoril I think. So if you see that ingredient listed in products it's the same thing.

There's lots of claims that it's good for health and weight loss. For weight loss it supposedly helps by acting as a natural adaptogen and fighting stress. That said, KraftMan is right. There is no evidence that it works.
          how much does an ingredient have to go through before it's considered proven? Are any ingredients really considered proven yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post

how much does an ingredient have to go through before it's considered proven? Are any ingredients really considered proven yet?

That's exactly what I wonder and what I'd like to know 1000kilowatts. How are we supposed to know what works and what doesn't? I wish I had more confidence in the products they put on the market.

Thanks everyone else for providing me with your thoughts and for the link KraftMan!

Comment

Working...
            X