Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do non-prescription diet pills cause weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do non-prescription diet pills cause weight loss?

I'm curious as to how effective non-prescription diet pills are. Are they really worth taking? Do any of them directly cause weight loss, or do they only help, as in make you less hungry or give you more energy? What I'm officially asking is even though I know that weight loss occurs from better eating habits and exercise, if you were to not exercise or not eat less, are there any OTC diet pills out there that would actually make you lose weight just by taking them?

As far as I know, JokerzWild, all non-prescription diet pills only aid with weight loss, but if you only took the pills and did nothing (ie. no exercise no change in eating habits, etc.) I doubt very little - if anything at all - would happen. All of the OTC diet pills I know about are really just meant to assist with weight loss and are designed to be used in conjunction with exercise and low-fat, low-cal, smaller portion diets.

Comment

I don't think there is any pill at all - prescription or nonprescription - that just makes fat fall off your body. I'm pretty sure that all of those advertising claims come with a little * that says that the results are based on dieting and exercise along with their use.

Comment

The rule of thumb for any diet - pill or not - is that you have to exercise and eat right.

Comment

Yup, it's true pal. There isn't any diet pill that works like magic. Diet and exercise are a must. That said, It would be nice if there was one that did that lol.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I really didn't think so, but it didn't hurt to ask

Comment

Working...
            X