hesitant to go see my doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hesitant to go see my doctor

I have to admit that even though I'm the first one to say "make sure to ask your doctor" or "good idea, but ask your doctor", I haven't been doing it. Right now, I'm avoiding going to do extra stuff in public, especially thigns that would bring me to where sick people are. I feel guilty that I've been making those recommendations on here - even if I still think it's good advice - when I wouldn't do the same thing at the moment.

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
    I have to admit that even though I'm the first one to say "make sure to ask your doctor" or "good idea, but ask your doctor", I haven't been doing it. Right now, I'm avoiding going to do extra stuff in public, especially thigns that would bring me to where sick people are. I feel guilty that I've been making those recommendations on here - even if I still think it's good advice - when I wouldn't do the same thing at the moment.
    I understand. I've been a hypocrite about that one, too. However, even if you don't go out to see a doctor, often calling your doctor, your pharmacist or local health unit is just as good. Once you do that, you can find out if there is any extra step you need to take.

Comment

I completely know what you mean, too. I don't like going out much unless I have to. I've been very fortunate with my doctor though. If I do have a question, I'm able to make an appointment by phone. He also offers zoom/skype appointments if you actually need to show him a problem beyond just telling him about it or asking a question. Hopefully, you'll be able to reach out to a medical professional via phone if you can't or are too nervous to go in person.

That said, try not to feel guilty about offering the right advice but not following it. It's far better to give someone the best and safest advice (especially if they've asked for it), regardless of what you may choose to do. After all, no one should base their choices on what someone else does, ultimately, we all need to make the best choices for ourselves, no matter what someone else may or may not do based on the advice that they gave.

Comment

The frustrating thing is that when you do decide to bite the bullet and go for it, they're not all available. This pandemic has really f'd everything up

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
          The frustrating thing is that when you do decide to bite the bullet and go for it, they're not all available. This pandemic has really f'd everything up
          It really has. Half the stuff that supposed to be "available" isn't when you need it or it's just not offered at all. There doesn't seem to be a standard. I really hope things get sorted for the better, soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post

It really has. Half the stuff that supposed to be "available" isn't when you need it or it's just not offered at all. There doesn't seem to be a standard. I really hope things get sorted for the better, soon.
            I hope that, too. This is all so confusing at the time when we need things to be clear and direct. Take care everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post

I understand. I've been a hypocrite about that one, too. However, even if you don't go out to see a doctor, often calling your doctor, your pharmacist or local health unit is just as good. Once you do that, you can find out if there is any extra step you need to take.
              You're right. I should check to see if my doctor has telehealth options now that everything is like this. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X