Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

prescription diet pills over telehealth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prescription diet pills over telehealth?

Is it possible to get prescription diet pills over a telehealth doctor's appointment, or do you have to go into the office in person?

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
    Is it possible to get prescription diet pills over a telehealth doctor's appointment, or do you have to go into the office in person?
    I think you have to go in person. There is a lot that would need to be discussed and a good doctor will likely want to weigh you first, take your height and all that stuff so they have the actual record and are not just going by what you've told them. I mean, you could tell someone anything over the phone. A doctor that would prescribe something like that to you without actually seeing you with their own eyes doesn't sound like a very good doctor to me.

Comment

I think you'd be able to get it maybe if you've been already prescribed it or have used it before. However, if it's something new, most likely the doctor will want to see you and assess you before prescribing. This is the safest and most responsible way, especially since the doctor should also be monitoring you throughout your process while taking it. Of course, there's never any harm in calling and asking.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        I think you'd be able to get it maybe if you've been already prescribed it or have used it before. However, if it's something new, most likely the doctor will want to see you and assess you before prescribing. This is the safest and most responsible way, especially since the doctor should also be monitoring you throughout your process while taking it. Of course, there's never any harm in calling and asking.
        I agree that you might be able to get your prescription refilled if you've already used a specific medication before. But if you've never used one or if you're hoping to switch, you will likely need to see the doctor in person.

Comment

Working...
        X