Opinion on prescription diet pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on prescription diet pills

Alright, I’m looking for the “truth” about what we think about prescription diet drugs. Please let me know:

I haven’t tried them and I would consider them as a last resort. However, I’d certainly try all the other alternatives to prescription pills first. The side effects associated with the prescription variety sound like a bigger risk than I want to take.

Comment

I have tried them. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are great, but they did what I thought they would do. I did experience some bad side effects, but I knew about them before it happened, so it didn't come as a shock. I found them worth taking. They did help me to lose the weight I needed to lose at the time. That said, now, I far prefer methods that don't wreak as much havoc on my body.

Comment

I haven’t tried prescription diet pills and I don’t want to. I really think there are better alternatives out there. Plus, some studies have said that they don’t work as well as some people think they do and don’t actually result in a lot of weight loss. I think they should be avoided unless you are morbidly obese, your health is at risk and you have no other options.

Comment

They should just be avoided. If u have the choice not 2 take them, always choose the alternative. Exercise & eating a healthy diet r what will help u lose weight & it s a lot better 4 u. If u feel that there is no other alternative, talk 2 ur doctor about alternatives. Its hard 2 lose weight & even harder 2 keep off what u lose. The ability 2 lose weight doesnt come from a pill but from ur own personal and positive motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
            They should just be avoided. If u have the choice not 2 take them, always choose the alternative. Exercise & eating a healthy diet r what will help u lose weight & it s a lot better 4 u. If u feel that there is no other alternative, talk 2 ur doctor about alternatives. Its hard 2 lose weight & even harder 2 keep off what u lose. The ability 2 lose weight doesnt come from a pill but from ur own personal and positive motivation.
            That’s excellent advice. Of course there are times when it’s the only option. Especially if you have tried everything else, but you should be insistent with your doctor that you would prefer an alternative and that you would like to use something natural and that won’t cause the strong side effects that you can experience through harsh chemicals. It’s always advisable to opt for the gentlest and most natural treatment, first. This will ensure that you are putting your body through the least amount of trauma and that you are providing it with the most positive energies before you have to resort to using something that is harder. That means that you may be able to skip the harsh step altogether. Don’t forget that absolutely nothing will work without your own determination.

Comment

Working...
            X