Diet pills + antidepressants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet pills + antidepressants

I’m curious…does anyone know if it is safe to take prescription diet pills if you’re already on SSRI antidepressants? If not, is it safe to take over the counter ones that are good like PhenBlue, or another one, for example? If there's another one, will you please share what it is? Thanks!

I think it's a good idea to speak with your doctor about that, even for the Non-prescription variety. It's better to get the advice of a medical expert. You won't want to run the risk of adverse side effects or risk that your antidepressants will not work as effectively because of other substances.

Comment

I agree with ChristySmiles. I would recommend talking to your doctor for that one. Even if the OTC product doesn't mention that it interacts with those types of meds, it never hurts to ask. Better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

A lot of stuff conflicts with antidepressants. Even some cold medications. ChristySmiles and Freddy already said it, but I'll say it again: talk to your doctor. Or at least to a pharmacist.

Comment

Working...
        X