Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much weight do you lose with prescriptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much weight do you lose with prescriptions?

If you get a prescription weight loss pill like phentermine or adipex, do you lose weight really fast?

I don't think so. I imagine you would lose most of your weight in the first month and then steadily over time. It also likely depends on who you are, how much weight you have to lose and the type of diet and exercise you follow. I would think that the average person would drop between 1 - 2 pounds per week.

Comment

Not really. I think the average weight loss per month when taking phentermine is between 3 and 10 pounds. However, as M-Stark334 said, how much you lose does heavily depend on factors like what you eat, how much you eat, and how much you exercise and the exercises you do.

Comment

Phentermine and Adipex can assist you with weight loss because they do a good job at suppressing your hunger but they don't make you lose weight fast. You lose steadily over time and you continue to lose by adopting better eating and exercise habits. That said, don't expect to take these pills and excpect to drop 10 pounds every week or something. That's not going to happen.

Comment

I think they're just meant to help you lose more weight than you can on your own. So if you'd usually lose one pound, maybe you'd lose two?

Comment

I read a study once that found the weight loss results when taking these pills isn't all that impressive. I'm sure it helps you to stick with your weight loss goals, but I don't think you really shed pounds any faster being on it than if you were to able to stick to your weight loss goals on your own. I could be wrong, I've never been on these types of diet drugs before, but I don't think they are a miracle fast weight loss pill that some people think them to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post
              I read a study once that found the weight loss results when taking these pills isn't all that impressive. I'm sure it helps you to stick with your weight loss goals, but I don't think you really shed pounds any faster being on it than if you were to able to stick to your weight loss goals on your own. I could be wrong, I've never been on these types of diet drugs before, but I don't think they are a miracle fast weight loss pill that some people think them to be.

Really? I would have though prescription diet pills would help you lose weight faster than only conventional methods. I also thought that even if you didn't lose weight fast, you would at least lose weight more.

Comment

I think they help you lose about what you usually would if you stuck to your healthy diet. The key is that they actually let you follow that diet instead of failing!

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
                  I think they help you lose about what you usually would if you stuck to your healthy diet. The key is that they actually let you follow that diet instead of failing!

That's exactly my point of view Whirlybird. I think they just help you stick to a healthier diet and exercise program, but it is ultimately the diet and exercise program that cause the weight loss. Therefore, how much weight you lose is dependent on the individual's actions and not on the diet pill they may be taking.

Comment

I used Phentermine; after 30 years of trying everything, exercise and diets, counting calories etc., etc., and I started loosing 10 to 12 pounds a month steadily I have lost over 60 pounds in a little over 6 months it seemed sweat less I did not crave foods I used to eat. I had no side affects and my skin looks good that stuff is amazing I only took two months worth but kept loosing I did not even take it like I was supposed to (I only took half the pill). I have always been a sceptic wanted to go natural but I am glad I did it. Now I want to work out and eat right so that I can keep it off.

Comment

Working...
                    X