Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the term RX only used for prescription diet pills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the term RX only used for prescription diet pills?

I always thought the term RX could only be used for prescription diet pills, but I recently saw it used for a diet pill product that used non-prescription drugs, but that was available through a physician only. Is that the same thing as a prescription drug? What I mean is, is a prescription drug something you can only purchase through a pharmacy or can you buy it through your physician too?

I'm pretty sure you can only legally obtain prescription drugs via a licensed pharmacy. I've seen some OTC pills use the term RX, as well. I have no idea if that's legal or not.

Comment

RX is meant to designate only prescription, but I've seen it on SO MANY nonprescriptions as a part of their names. I would NEVER buy an over the counter pill that had RX in its name. That tells me from the start that the company behind it doesn't care about me.

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
        RX is meant to designate only prescription, but I've seen it on SO MANY nonprescriptions as a part of their names. I would NEVER buy an over the counter pill that had RX in its name. That tells me from the start that the company behind it doesn't care about me.

Really? That's awful! Thanks for the headsup. I also thought that RX could only be used for prescription products. That's so misleading.

Comment

Ya. Do not trust anything that has "RX" on it that is not a prescription. That's a red flag, right there.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post

Really? That's awful! Thanks for the headsup. I also thought that RX could only be used for prescription products. That's so misleading.
            I agree ChristySmiles. It is awful. I'm really tired of manufacturers using certain words on their product labels that are misleading. When you find out it's not what you think, it just makes you distrust the quality and veracity of their products.

Comment

Working...
            X