What is Belviq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Belviq?

Hi, I just heard of this weight loss prescirption drug Belviq. Is it any better than Adipex?

I think it's another prescription appetite suppressant. The generic drug name is Locaserin, like Phentermine is the generic for Adipex. It is FDA approved, but I've seen a lot of negative reviews about this drug.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraNorth View Post
      I think it's another prescription appetite suppressant. The generic drug name is Locaserin, like Phentermine is the generic for Adipex. It is FDA approved, but I've seen a lot of negative reviews about this drug.

I've also heard negative things. In addition, when you look at the studies that were conducted on the product, the results really are not all that effective. If I'm not mistaken, the end result basically found that the average person may lose up to 12 pounds in one year...

Comment

I would stay well away from belviq. If your doctor prescribes it to you, be sure to ask a lot of questions before you use it. The FDA was under a lot of pressure from the medical industry to release new diet pill options in the prescription category because nothing new had been released since the 1990s. It’s my opinion that they gave in to the pressure and accepted these drugs because they were the least offensive of a lot of very bad options. That said, it doesn’t make them good options. You should consider this a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          I would stay well away from belviq. If your doctor prescribes it to you, be sure to ask a lot of questions before you use it. The FDA was under a lot of pressure from the medical industry to release new diet pill options in the prescription category because nothing new had been released since the 1990s. It’s my opinion that they gave in to the pressure and accepted these drugs because they were the least offensive of a lot of very bad options. That said, it doesn’t make them good options. You should consider this a last resort.

I don't want to believe this is true, but I know that it is. Why, oh why, would the FDA crack under pressure and give its approval to a drug that doesn't deserve it? I would be so nice if government agencies actually started caring about people and not about making money.

Comment

Awww, really! I would have thought it was actually good. Darn!

Comment

Working...
            X