Take responsibility over your prescription drug use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take responsibility over your prescription drug use

As much as I feel that the regulators need to do a better job in protecting the general public from what could potentially be very dangerous substances in the form of prescription drugs, I also think that people need to take responsibility for their own health.

While we may not all be able to go to medical school and become health experts, we can do our part by reading up on the drugs that we are prescribed, such as potential side effects, how we should be taking them, and what possible interactions there could be with other drugs, supplements, or even foods and drinks.

When there are questions, it is up to us to speak with doctors and pharmacists to clear them up. The professionals can do only so much before we need to do something for ourselves.

Very true. It actually shocks me the number of friends I have who don't actually read those little pamphlets that come with the drugs they are prescribed. They just take whatever drug they've been given without even looking at the potential side effects; they have no idea what they are putting in their body or what effects it might have. It just blows my mind!

Comment

Working...
    X