Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could there be a new prescription weight loss drug in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could there be a new prescription weight loss drug in the future?

Hi everyone. I recently read news about this study regarding a drug called mirabegron that's used to treat overactive bladders and they found that it increased resting metabolism rates. This drug could actually help with fat burning! If you want to read more about it I've included the link. Personally I think that this could be very promising news

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2074588

That is very interesting news and great news for the weight loss industry. I think its about due for a good weight loss drug.

Comment

is it safe to use a drug meant for something else just because it happens to have a certain side effect?

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post
        is it safe to use a drug meant for something else just because it happens to have a certain side effect?

That's a really good question 1000kilowatts. It may help to burn fat, but what is it doing to the rest of your body?

Comment

That really is an interesting study. I look forward to learning what discoveries they make in the future. They'll definitely need to study it a lot more for me to feel satisfied that whatever benefits this drug may offer for weight loss will outweigh any of its potential side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post
            That's a really scary thought. I do hope that they're looking at health and not just money

Comment

That is a good point 1000kilowatts. I guess we'll find out one day if they actually study the drug further.

Comment

Working...
              X