Buying pills from doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying pills from doctors

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a difference between a prescription diet drug and diet pills that are only available through purchase from a doctor. If you can only buy a diet pill from a doctor, would that make it a prescription product? I think it would, but my friend says that's not always the case. Who is right?

Your friend is right. Just because a pill is only available to purchase from a doctor, this doesn't mean that it is a prescription product. Some manufacturers of diet pills will tell you that they have "RX" versions of their OTC drug that are only available through a medical practitioner, but this doesn't mean it's a prescription drug. There is a huge difference. If you ever are in doubt or do not know if a pill is prescription or not, ask your doctor.

Comment

That is just plain old scary. I wish this industry was more trustworthy

Comment

I think there are some nonprescriptions that sell exclusively through doctors only because that is their sales model. It doesn't mean they are good, though. It just means that doctors make a big cut for selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post
          I think there are some nonprescriptions that sell exclusively through doctors only because that is their sales model. It doesn't mean they are good, though. It just means that doctors make a big cut for selling it.

I agree with 1000kilowatts. That's exactly the case. Just because a doctor sells a product for weight loss, it does not mean that is good or it is a prescription drug. Be careful of gimmicks. Some people really are only interested in making money first (some doctors included)

Comment

Wow...how confusing and kind of terrible at the same time. I don't like the idea of doctors selling products to their patients as another way of making money. That sounds so crooked!

Comment

Working...
            X