What is Qysmia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Qysmia

I know Qysmia is a weight loss drug, but is it another brand name version of phentermine or is it something else?

Freddy, it’s actually a drug called Qsymia, not Qysmia. It’s one of the most recent drugs to be approved by the FDA to help dieters to be able to lose weight when they are obese and other methods have not been found to be effective.

In my opinion, this drug was not approved because it is helpful or safe, but because there was a lot of pressure on the FDA to give its approval for the first time since the nineties. Doctors have been waiting for something new to be able to prescribe to their obese patients and there hasn’t been anything else added to the market.

So I feel that even though the research essentially showed that this drug can help you to lose about 12 pounds per year – barely anything at all when compared to the risk of side effects – it was approved in order to silence the demands of the doctors.

Comment

Qsymia isn't just another version of phentermine. It's a new drug combination that does include phentermine, but it also has topiramate in it. That's another prescription drug, which is a drug to stop seizures. I can't say it's something I'd be in a rush to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        Qsymia isn't just another version of phentermine. It's a new drug combination that does include phentermine, but it also has topiramate in it. That's another prescription drug, which is a drug to stop seizures. I can't say it's something I'd be in a rush to try.
        That sounds messed up...

Comment

I agree with BigBobby that does sounds messed up. I also find it weird that they can't seem to come up with a new weight loss drug that doesn't contain phentermine in it. They might want to try researching a new kind of drug instead of just releasing new weight loss medications that simply combine Phentermine with something else.

Comment

Wow, this drug does sound kind of intense. I don't like the idea that it's got a drug in it that they use to treat epilepsy. Thanks for correcting the name of the drug, enviroTodd. I didn't realize I was spelling it wrong haha

Comment

Working...
            X