is a rash a bad side effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is a rash a bad side effect?

Does anyone know if a rash on your skin is a bad side effect or just a mild one you can ignore? It’s just a normal sort of red itchy rash and that’s it.

I wouldn't ignore it. A rash may be the sign of an allergic reaction. It's only a mild form. It could be that you'll only just have the rash or it could mean that if you keep taking whatever you're taking that your symptoms could get worse. If you really want to stay on the stuff you're on, I would recommend bringing it up with your doctor. Don't ever ignore any symptom.

Comment

It really depends on a few things in my opinion. Do you get rashes often? When did you first notice the rash? Can you link it to something specific in your diet or did you start using a new cleaning product, lotion, new detergent for your clothes, etc.? There are tons of reasons why you may have a rash. I would pay close attention to your diet and what you're putting on your skin and see if it goes away. If it's getting worse, cut out anything new in your diet and maybe give your doctor a call if it doesn't go away. While it's likely nothing to worry about, you shouldn't ignore that your body is clearly reacting badly to something. As Janet said, it may be your body's early warning shot of an allergy which could produce more serious symptoms if it goes unchecked.

Comment

Any side effect, no matter how mild shouldn't be ignored. Monitor your rash. If it doesn't go away or if it gets worse, go see your doctor. If you've got a rash, especially one that appears out of nowhere or if you're not prone to skin problems, your body is telling you something is wrong.

Comment

Ya, I think a rash is more likely to be an allergic reaction than just a side effect. YOu definitely should have that checked out and probably shouldn't keep using the product until you find out.

Comment

Thanks for your advice everyone. I think you’re right and I was actually having a mild allergic reaction and not just side effects. I wish I could have returned it, but nope that was out of the question. Money lost on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
              Thanks for your advice everyone. I think you’re right and I was actually having a mild allergic reaction and not just side effects. I wish I could have returned it, but nope that was out of the question. Money lost on that one!

Aww, that sucks! I hate when your try something and not only is it not worth the money but you can't get your money back. I'm terrible for this. I always end up losing or throwing out receipts

Comment

Working...
              X