Addiction: What are the signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addiction: What are the signs

I'm not actually take a prescription diet drug at the moment, but it's not something I wouldn't rule out as treatment in the future either. I've heard that you can become addicted to taken pills like Phentermine,etc., but what I want to know is how do you know if you've become addicted? Are there signs to watch for or is it something you don't realize until after you're taken off the drug?

Addiction is your body’s way to tell you that it is becoming overwhelmed by the negative energies of a substance you’re using. You need to take immediate careful action to replace it with positive energies again or you will experience increasingly bad symptoms.

The way to know that the negative energies are becoming too strong for your body to withstand are that you aren’t getting as many benefits from the drugs you’re using. So they’re not as strong anymore. Your appetite isn’t as suppressed, you’re not getting the energy boost, or other experiences like that, depending on the medication you’re using. Also, if you miss a dose, if you feel symptoms of withdrawal such as headache, exhaustion, strong hunger or no hunger, nausea, etc, then you can also know you’re becoming addicted.

Comment

I never thought of looking at addiction in that way enviroTodd. But you're right. It really is like being overwhelmed by negative energies and losing control of the positive. You need to be aware of how you're body is reacting to what you're putting in it, TroyBurger. If you don't feel good and you feel even worse when you've missed a dose of the medication, then this is something you should bring up with your doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        I never thought of looking at addiction in that way enviroTodd. But you're right. It really is like being overwhelmed by negative energies and losing control of the positive. You need to be aware of how you're body is reacting to what you're putting in it, TroyBurger. If you don't feel good and you feel even worse when you've missed a dose of the medication, then this is something you should bring up with your doctor.
        That's exactly it! The body is dependent on the input of positive energies and those are cut off when chemicals are added to the natural systems. This allows negative energies to enter into the body because they are no longer being blocked off by the flow of healthful positive energy. The withdrawal symptoms that occur differ from one type of chemical to the next because each medication blocks positive energy flow in a different part of the body. Some cause headaches, some cause anxiety. Some cause nausea, or mixes of lots of symptoms. If you don't feel right, speaking to your doctor, as BabyButtons said, is very wise.

Comment

um...ok, but to answer the question, withdrawal symptoms often include shakes, anxiety, mood swings, nausea, headache, and others.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobby View Post
            um...ok, but to answer the question, withdrawal symptoms often include shakes, anxiety, mood swings, nausea, headache, and others.

Thanks Big Bobby. That helps a lot

Comment

Working...
            X