prescription diet pills and nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prescription diet pills and nutrition

I’m just curious to know if anyone has had any nutrition problems when they’re taking diet pills. I know that you can’t just take the pills but you’re supposed to be on a restrictive diet. Is it hard to keep up with a balanced diet or are you so restricted with calories that you have a hard time getting all your food groups and vitamins and minerals in where they should be?

It can be tricky if you're not mindful of what you eat. However, if you are taking prescription diet pills, your doctors should also have provided you with a proper diet for weight loss which should not only reduce your calories but also be healthy for you.

Comment

I don't think it's hard to eat a diet that will provide you with all the nutrition you need, but I do think that it is difficult to follow this diet. Avoiding giving into cravings for less-healthy foods that could bust your calorie limit is what can be problematic in making sure you're getting the right amount of vitamins and things. That said, if you're really concerned about it, I bet you could bring this up with your doctor and he/she might prescribe you a multi-vitamin you can take or some other supplements that will help to make sure you're getting everything that you need while you're taking your prescription diet pills.

Comment

It shouldn't be hard to keep up with a restricted diet, especially if you are following a diet that should be prescribed by your doctor. Usually when a medical professional sticks you on diet drugs, there's a whole plan you've got to follow. If getting the proper amount of vitamins and minerals is one of your concerns, bring it to your doctor's attention. They'll help you find the right diet. That being said, It likely won't be easy following the diet. So that sucks haha.

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys. My doctor keeps giving me recommendations about what I should be eating each day and that always makes sense when I'm in the doctor's office, but when I get home and try to actually turn that into meals, I find it a lot harder. I'm really struggling to stay in a calorie limit and make meals that aren't just plain veggies on a plate plus an egg or plain chicken breast. I think I need to find a program with a meal plan

Comment

A meal plan may be best or at least one that tells you how much of what type of food you should be putting on your plate. Have you ever looked into the Step Diet? They tell you how much percentage of food you should be adding to your plate to help keep your portions under control, but at the same time you won't feel like you're starving and the diet doesn't tell you to take stupid detoxes or anything like that. The exercise goal is also to get a minimum of 10,000 steps per day - which is surprisingly harder than you'd think haha. That being said, anyone can get their steps in if they walk enough and every step counts, whether you're actually on a walk purposely for exercise, are taking the stairs or wondering around a mall.

Comment

That's really cool Speeddemon. I'd never heard of the step diet but I'm looking into it now. I know 10,000 is definitely a lot but at least it's a workout i know I can do. It's not telling me I have to swim and ride my bike every day which I can't do because I don't have a pool available that much and I can't go cycling every day because of the weather.
              I always wonder if people are happy when they walk around a mall. It's a great idea, but I'd get really bored. I just know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
                That's really cool Speeddemon. I'd never heard of the step diet but I'm looking into it now. I know 10,000 is definitely a lot but at least it's a workout i know I can do. It's not telling me I have to swim and ride my bike every day which I can't do because I don't have a pool available that much and I can't go cycling every day because of the weather.
                I always wonder if people are happy when they walk around a mall. It's a great idea, but I'd get really bored. I just know it.

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of walking around a mall either...I guess maybe because it's enclosed so you don't have to worry about the weather and the floor is even, so you don't need to worry about uneven terrain..and I guess you can look at stuff and you're around other people...I dunno, I'm reaching. I seriously don't get the appeal...but hey, if it works for some people - good for them, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of walking around a mall either...I guess maybe because it's enclosed so you don't have to worry about the weather and the floor is even, so you don't need to worry about uneven terrain..and I guess you can look at stuff and you're around other people...I dunno, I'm reaching. I seriously don't get the appeal...but hey, if it works for some people - good for them, right?
                  I actually find that the entire atmosphere of a mall is hard on my body. Maybe it's the tile floors or the bad lighting? After i've had to walk around a mall I find my back and shoulders usually ache. My feet are often sore, too. I wouldn't want to exercise there.

Comment

Working...
                  X