Saxenda injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saxenda injections

When I first heard about this diet drug I assumed it was a medication but my friend told me it's actually and injection and I looked it up and found that it is! How exactly does this work? It sounds like a very costly treatment for weight loss. Am I wrong?

I don't trust anything that makes you have to have an injection to lose weight. I just don't think it's meant to help you. Sure you might lose weight at first but what's to stop you from gaining it back? If you're goign to get shots like that it isn't going to help you get your life in order so you won't just get all the fat back. That's waht I've learned from my whole life of going fat to thin to fat to thin. I wouldn't pay into that.

Comment

This completely freaks me out. It's so expensive and conflicts with a lot of things. It really changes the way your body naturally functions. What would that do to you over time?

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        I don't trust anything that makes you have to have an injection to lose weight. I just don't think it's meant to help you. Sure you might lose weight at first but what's to stop you from gaining it back? If you're goign to get shots like that it isn't going to help you get your life in order so you won't just get all the fat back. That's waht I've learned from my whole life of going fat to thin to fat to thin. I wouldn't pay into that.

That's exactly what I think Bethie! The idea of getting injections is a little unnerving and it does seem like once you stop taking it, any progress you made is going to go away. I wouldn't pay into it either! Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

I wouldn't pay into that garbage either. Honestly, TaraNorth, if you want to lose weight, you might the approach that Bethie and I have recently discovered to be far more effective. Gorge on all your favorite junk until the thought of it makes you sick and you'll avoid eating it haha. You'll be craving a healthy diet in no time But, yeah, in all seriousness, just forget about this drug for weight loss. It is expensive and do you really like the idea of having a needle stuck in your arm? I'd only do that if they could guarantee all my fat would melt off an never come back!

Comment

This is the ultimate in dieting in the opposite way that nature intended it. if you think your body will respond well to this and you'll be able to lose weight and keep it off, you are mistaken. This should be considered at the very best at the same rate as surgery. A very last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by TinaDancer View Post
              This completely freaks me out. It's so expensive and conflicts with a lot of things. It really changes the way your body naturally functions. What would that do to you over time?

Thanks TinaDancer, this is sort-of my feelings about it too. I had a feeling it would be costly and the idea of injecting a substance directly into the body does seem a little extreme. Plus...needles kind of creep me out hahaha!

Comment

Working...
              X