Beyond diet pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond diet pills

Is there other RX products for weight loss that aren't pills or Saxenda injections? I don't really like the idea of injections and I'm curious if there is anything other than pills.

Is there other RX products for weight loss that aren't pills or Saxenda injections? I don't really like the idea of injections and I'm curious if there is anything other than pills.

Comment

There are things like lap bands for a kind of procedure comparable to stomach stapling. There are also products that your doctor can insert in your stomach that are essentially a high quality water balloon filled with saline. You have it replaced every few weeks to adjust the size and replace it so your stomach always feels fuller than it really is.

Comment

I think there are a number of prescription devices like envirotodd said. I didn't know there was a saline balloon!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          There are things like lap bands for a kind of procedure comparable to stomach stapling. There are also products that your doctor can insert in your stomach that are essentially a high quality water balloon filled with saline. You have it replaced every few weeks to adjust the size and replace it so your stomach always feels fuller than it really is.
          A balloon! That doesn't sound very safe! What happens if it bursts in your belly?!?!

Comment

That's what I wondered about it, charlotte! That seems wrong. i mean i guess it's only saline if it bursts, but does the balloon dissolve or something?

Comment

Working...
            X