What if I get a cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I get a cold?

It's the cold and flu season and I'm prone to getting sick at least at once during this time. Although I'm not yet taking Phentermine I'm thinking about doing it and I want to know what I should do if I get sick while taking it. Is it okay to taking OTC cold and flu medication while on phentermine? Will this harm it's effects or the effects of the flu medication?

I read up on this last year. It's a matter of paying attention to your energies and knowing how you feel. If you have a cold, you should likely speak with your doctor about whether or not you should continue with Phentermine, particularly if you have already taken it for a few weeks as you may be addicted and stopping could be harmful to you. If you are taking over the counter medication or supplements you might like to stop using them until you start feeling better. This is particularly true as many contain stimulants and you need to get your rest to heal up. If you want to take flu medication or cold medication, you should absolutely stop the use of any diet pills over the counter. Check with the pharmacist about combining phentermine with cold/flu meds as they may contain stimulants and conflict with each other.

Comment

when it comes to deciding on how to use medication, you should probably ask your pharmacist. They'll know

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
        when it comes to deciding on how to use medication, you should probably ask your pharmacist. They'll know
        That's what I'd do

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          I read up on this last year. It's a matter of paying attention to your energies and knowing how you feel. If you have a cold, you should likely speak with your doctor about whether or not you should continue with Phentermine, particularly if you have already taken it for a few weeks as you may be addicted and stopping could be harmful to you. If you are taking over the counter medication or supplements you might like to stop using them until you start feeling better. This is particularly true as many contain stimulants and you need to get your rest to heal up. If you want to take flu medication or cold medication, you should absolutely stop the use of any diet pills over the counter. Check with the pharmacist about combining phentermine with cold/flu meds as they may contain stimulants and conflict with each other.

Thanks for your advice enviroTodd. If I should get sick I will definitely talk to the pharmacist, but I appreciate that you provided me with your opinion, too.

Comment

Working...
          X