CoolSculpting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoolSculpting

Has anyone heard of this FDA approved fat-loss procedure called CoolSculpting? It seems pretty neat because it's not surgery and apparently freezing unwanted fat helps you to get rid of it. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it? Does it work?

I haven't heard of that but it sounds completely unnatural and doesn't actually get to the route of the problem. Even if it does work, I don't think it is appropriate because it doesn't deal with the reason the weight was gained in the first place. Therefore, the moment you recover from having the fat frozen, you will start to gain the weight back again. Yo-yoing weight is worse for you than keeping it steady in the first place.

Comment

If Cool Sculpting is FDA approved then doesn't it mean that studies have proven that it works? I thought things had to work to get FDA approved

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        I haven't heard of that but it sounds completely unnatural and doesn't actually get to the route of the problem. Even if it does work, I don't think it is appropriate because it doesn't deal with the reason the weight was gained in the first place. Therefore, the moment you recover from having the fat frozen, you will start to gain the weight back again. Yo-yoing weight is worse for you than keeping it steady in the first place.

That's exactly what I think enviroTodd. It's great and all if it's working to get rid of fat on your body, but you still have to prevent the fat from forming in the first place. This sounds like another one of those treatments for weight loss that doesn't actually teach people how to lose weight, but gives them a way to get rid of fat without making the healthy changes that they need to make.

Comment

Hmmm those are some interesting thoughts and theories, but has anyone ever tried it? I know that just because the FDA approves something it doesn't mean that it's wonderful, but it also doesn't mean that it doesn't work. I think it's fascinating that hey can actually freeze fat off your body to begin with. Obviously, to keep weight off you should adopt an appropriate lifestyle, but if this treatment could help you get rid of some excess fat along the way, that sounds pretty - for lack of a better word - cool!

Comment

Working...
          X