Are there long term risks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there long term risks?

I know there are short term risks to using prescription diet pills. The side effects and possible allergy reaction lists are very long. I’ve seen that you can increase your blood pressure and things like that if you take those pills, but is that only during the time that you use the pills? You aren’t giving yourself high blood pressure long term if you take diet pills, right? I just want to make sure that any risk I’m taking isn’t for the rest of my life.

Any side effects that you experience (good or bad) should last only for as long as you take the drug or - more specifically - for however long it remains in your system. So, if it causes high blood pressure or anything else, it should go away.

Comment

I agree with FireFly77. The risk you're taking is not for the rest of your life. Anything you experience won't be permanent. Also, you'll be closely monitored by your doctor when you are on prescription diet pills, so if any side effects are too dangerous, you'll be taken of the meds.

Comment

I'll just throw in my two cents and say that I also agree. I don't think things like headaches or higher blood pressure last any longer than the effects of the pill.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
          I'll just throw in my two cents and say that I also agree. I don't think things like headaches or higher blood pressure last any longer than the effects of the pill.
          Agreed. If it did, the pills would be banned. The benefits would never outweigh the risks if the side effects lasted long-term or permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Agreed. If it did, the pills would be banned. The benefits would never outweigh the risks if the side effects lasted long-term or permanently.
            That's a really good point. Pills can get away with a lot of kinds of side effects when they come with a prescription, but if you're trying to lose weight only to end up with blood pressure problems for the rest of your life, that just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
            X