colorful recipes are your goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colorful recipes are your goal

If you don’t know anything about nutrition but want to eat healthy, learn recipes with veggies with lots of colors. They’ll have you covered

That's a really good way to look at it MadMike. Out of curiosity. Is there any color in particular that is really good?

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
      That's a really good way to look at it MadMike. Out of curiosity. Is there any color in particular that is really good?
      I think the point is to get lots of colors, not just to focus on one realyl good one. Each one has its own types of benefits. Green tends to be associated with certain nutrients, so is red and yellow, etc. The "best" nutrients depend on what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post

I think the point is to get lots of colors, not just to focus on one realyl good one. Each one has its own types of benefits. Green tends to be associated with certain nutrients, so is red and yellow, etc. The "best" nutrients depend on what you're looking for.
        I agree. Try to make your meals look like a rainbow, for instance- red (tomato), green (kale), yellow (bell pepper), orange (carrots), pink (raspberries), purple (eggplant), blue (blueberries) and so on. It's important to get variety!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post

I agree. Try to make your meals look like a rainbow, for instance- red (tomato), green (kale), yellow (bell pepper), orange (carrots), pink (raspberries), purple (eggplant), blue (blueberries) and so on. It's important to get variety!
          I love your rainbow idea Charlotte...but I have to say I'm not exactly sure what other foods aside from blueberry would fit the blue category hahah.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I love your rainbow idea Charlotte...but I have to say I'm not exactly sure what other foods aside from blueberry would fit the blue category hahah.
            I agree, the rainbow idea is a good one. Many food colors are actually a reflection of their nutrients. Some antioxidants are bright orange, for example. So the more colors you have, the more you're likely to get a broad range of nutrients. Just make sure the colors are naturally occurring and they're not from food dyes or other artificial sources. That pretty much cancels out the concept.
            LOL You're right, there isn't a lot of blue in food but that's ok. Have blueberries, blackberries, grapes, plums and certain other blue fruits. THere are also blue potatoes, for that matter. But the point isn't necessarily to get all your colors as much as a range of colors
            Last edited by enviroTodd; 09-30-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X