cauliflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cauliflower

I have been getting a lot of mixed messages about nutrition over the last while and as I’ve picked through a lot of information about foods, I’ve been left confused about one thing. I know that white foods are not necessarily nutrient dense. I’ve seen full diets saying to avoid eating anything white like refined sugar, refined flour, white rice and so on. But cauliflower is white and it’s a vegetable. I thought it was in the same category as other cruciferous veggies and so I’m wondering if its color has nothing to do with it. Is cauliflower good or not?

I get why you'd be wondering about that because you're right, we are told to pretty much avoid a lot of white-colored foods. That said, cauliflower is very good for you. It's an excellent source of vitamin c, vitamin k, protein, riboflavin, magnesium, niacin, fiber, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B6 and more. Other great white veggies include parsnips, turnips, onions, mushrooms, garlic, etc.

Comment

That is a really good question enviroTodd! I've found that when it comes to vegetables color doesn't really having anything to do with its nutritional value. Some fruits and veggies are simply higher in certain vitamins and minerals than others. I think that's why it's so important to eat a large color variety, including white

Comment

Working...
      X