Kale Chip Microwave Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kale Chip Microwave Recipe

Since TracyK mentioned that kale is a superfood and Tony1968 wanted to know how to make them, I decided to post the recipe I use for anyone who is interested (and, btw, they are very good !)

Rinse and dry off kale and remove the leaves from the stems by either cutting them or tearing them into small pieces (the size of an average potato chip). Coat the leaves in oil, you can use whatever oil you like but I prefer coconut oil. If you use coconut oil, about one tablespoon of melted coconut oil should do it. Once the leaves are well coated, spread the kale pieces onto a microwave-safe plate. It doesn’t matter if the kale overlaps, but I typically spread them out evenly so they’re not touching or overlapping. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt over the kale and then put the plate in the microwave. Microwave on high for about 3 minutes and 30 seconds (this is for 1500 watt oven). Cook times could vary depending on your microwaves power. That’s all there is to it. The end result should be crispy (not crumbly), tasty kale chips.

I’ve tried both curly and lacinato kale (a flatter leaf variety). I find the lacinato kale works better. You can also try this recipe using collard greens, which is also good

Neat. I'm going to try this. Those have got to be the healthiest chips on the planet!

Comment

This sounds good gurl! Im gonna try it.

Comment

Can you do this same recipe with spinach or swiss chard? Is it something that carries over to all of the dark leafy greens or do they have to have some kind of special properties to work?

Comment

This sounds really interesting and surprisingly easy. I’ll definitely give it a try. Thanks for posting it JennyR

Comment

Thanks for this JennyR I'm going to try it the next time I pick up kale.

Comment

Originally posted by PennyThoughts View Post
              Can you do this same recipe with spinach or swiss chard? Is it something that carries over to all of the dark leafy greens or do they have to have some kind of special properties to work?
              I've only ever tried it with swish chard. I'm not sure if it would work with all dark and leafy greens, but I'm sure it's worth trying. You'd probably have to watch how long you microwave it for. I would imagine it would work well with thick leafy greens versus thin ones. I imagine some would be better than others, because I'm sure they don't all taste great. I say give it a try. I think I might give spinach a go.

Comment

Thanks for posting that recipe JennyR. I’m glad you did so I didn’t have to lol. Btw, in case anyone wants to make kale in a conventional oven, you can do that too. It’s more time consuming, but it also comes out really good.

Comment

Working...
                X