Sweet potato recipes that’s not fries or pies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet potato recipes that’s not fries or pies

Hi ya’ll does anyone have a healthy sweet potato recipe that doesn’t involve fries or pies? I’ve got a dinner party coming up and I’d like to include it as one of my dishes. I know it’s got a lot of health benefits and it’s tasty. I’d love to hear your input. Thanks in advance!

Mmmmm, i love sweet potato. U can always bake it in the oven the same way u would a baked potato or u can peel and boil them and mash it up like u would potatoes. U can also make sweet potato soup, cassarole & chips!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
      Mmmmm, i love sweet potato. U can always bake it in the oven the same way u would a baked potato or u can peel and boil them and mash it up like u would potatoes. U can also make sweet potato soup, cassarole & chips!
      BabyButtons, you're always a fountain of good food ideas. I'm telling you, one day I am going to need to show up and have whatever it is that you're serving at your house! I like sweet potatoes a lot, too. I enjoy them in a mash just like you mentioned. Although I do like them like a baked potato I find that it's hard to get them to that perfect consistency so they usually end up being just a little bit too raw in the middle or overdone so that the skin on them seems to thicken or something. It's odd and I struggle to describe it. I personally like to do things like replace the regular potatoes in something like a shepherd's pie or a cottage pie. When they're mashed, they bake very nicely and they change the meal altogether.

Comment

Those really are some great recipes Babybuttons. Here's something I always wonder about when it comes to sweet potato. Is it safe to eat the skins? I know most people take the skin off. Is that because the taste isn't great or are you not supposed to eat it?

Comment

You can eat the skin. It won't harm you. I do it all the time. Most people remove it because they don't like the taste. It can be a bit leathery depending on how you cook it.

Comment

Hahaha envirotodd! Ur welcome over anytime. I love baking. Always have.

Comment

Babybuttons and eT, why don’t you two get together and create a super awesome “all natural/non-toxic” diet and share it with the rest of us. I think if you take your flirts to the next level you could make one interesting weight loss program.

Comment

Thanks y'all! Those are great suggestions. You really do like your sweet potato, huh, BabyButtons lol. Is that what enviroTodd is to ya?

Comment

Originally posted by JokerzWild View Post
                  You can eat the skin. It won't harm you. I do it all the time. Most people remove it because they don't like the taste. It can be a bit leathery depending on how you cook it.
                  Thanks. I've always wondered about that. I might give it a try the next time I make fries out of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X