Carbonated beverages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbonated beverages

I like to have carbonated beverages with dinner. I don't drink pop or anything cause I don't want the sugar. I typically stick to soda water, either flavored or plain. Usually, the stuff I drink has no calories, salt or sugar. Is this healthy? I've been hearing that carbon can do bad things to your health. Is this true, or does it just increase the risk of bloating and gas?

It's not great for you. I've read a few things that says that even carbonated water over flat water can make weight loss harder and weight gain easier. I don't know if the carbonation is bad for you. I can believe it that it could boost gas and bloating risk. I mean, it makes us burp, but whatever doesn't get out stays inside us, trapped, right?

Comment

Honestly, unless you have IBS, are prone to heart burn or don't like getting bloated, carbonated or mineral water isn't bad for weight loss or your health. Some people find the carbon helps to keep them feeling fuller, so they're less likely to overeat. Research has also found that carbonation isn't going to deplete your calcium stores or increase your risk of osteo. As for your teeth, carbon won't hurt them either. The only time it's really bad for enamel is if it contains citrus or sugar. Obviously, if you can drink regular water, I would recommend choosing that over carbon, but dude, if you want to drink carbonated water or mineral water, unless it really bothers you, I don't see why you can't. I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        Honestly, unless you have IBS, are prone to heart burn or don't like getting bloated, carbonated or mineral water isn't bad for weight loss or your health. Some people find the carbon helps to keep them feeling fuller, so they're less likely to overeat. Research has also found that carbonation isn't going to deplete your calcium stores or increase your risk of osteo. As for your teeth, carbon won't hurt them either. The only time it's really bad for enamel is if it contains citrus or sugar. Obviously, if you can drink regular water, I would recommend choosing that over carbon, but dude, if you want to drink carbonated water or mineral water, unless it really bothers you, I don't see why you can't. I would.
        I had no idea. I thought research showed carbonated water makes people eat more. I must have read the study backward

Comment

LOL I don't think you read it backwards. I know there are lots of studies and they all say different things. And honestly, if you drink carbonated beverages that contain sugar or sweeteners they're totally going to make you feel hungrier. That said, in my personal experience, I haven't felt mineral water or just carbonated waters make me want to eat more. They can definitely make me bloated and burpy sometimes, but on the whole I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
            LOL I don't think you read it backwards. I know there are lots of studies and they all say different things. And honestly, if you drink carbonated beverages that contain sugar or sweeteners they're totally going to make you feel hungrier. That said, in my personal experience, I haven't felt mineral water or just carbonated waters make me want to eat more. They can definitely make me bloated and burpy sometimes, but on the whole I like them.
            I think you're right. I finally googled it:
            https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/wei...ian/ar-AACPuts
            It looks like they can make you look like you've gained weight because of bloating and gas, but yes, it doesn't really impact weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

It looks like they can make you look like you've gained weight because of bloating and gas, but yes, it doesn't really impact weight.
              Awesome! Thanks for finding that Bethie!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Glad you and Google agree with me

Comment

Working...
                X