Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know a healthy recipe that involves red meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know a healthy recipe that involves red meat?

I know that if you want to be ultra healthy you should eat more vegetables etc. etc. I do like vegetables and I do make sure that they do make up the largest portion on my dinner plat, but quite honestly, I'm a man who loves meat. I get that I can't have it everyday, but I do eat it and I'm not going to give it up. I was wondering if there is anyone who has a healthy red meat recipe they want to share. No red meat substitutes or chicken recipes, please.

Personally, I like steak fajitas or pork stir fry. Buy an extra lean cut of red meat and only use a small portion. Make sure your veggies take up the most space on your plate. As long as you don't eat too much meat and you choose the healthier cuts, there shouldn't be a problem. I like meat too but I limit myself to eating it three times per weak and make sure I get some fish in there.

Comment

There are plenty of recipes that are healthy with meat. As long as you cook a small portion of lean mean and cut away any of the fat, the meat provide you with great nutrition. Cook yourself a small steak with a side of red lentils, kale and carrots. That's a great way to eat healthy without cutting out the meat. But, as Freddy says, don't have meat everyday. Switch it up with fish and try to eat at least one all-veggie meal at least once a week.

Comment

Try making a beef stew with lots of veggies, using a homemade meat stock. I find that's great, especially when its cold out. I don't know about where you live, Tony1968, but where I live it's like this winter is never going to end! I'm making stew tonight lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
          Try making a beef stew with lots of veggies, using a homemade meat stock. I find that's great, especially when its cold out. I don't know about where you live, Tony1968, but where I live it's like this winter is never going to end! I'm making stew tonight lol.
          That's a great idea. If you don't want to use the beef, though, you could make a stew using turkey or chicken, too, to keep your fat levels lower.

Comment

Thank you for all the ideas. That stew sounds good, so does the fajita!!

Comment

Working...
            X