On the hunt for a vegetarian burger recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the hunt for a vegetarian burger recipe

I’m not vegetarian but I’m about to entertain guests who are. I’m making burgers and I want to knock their socks off with an awesome veg recipe option that tastes great. Eggs are allowed, but no meat, poultry or fish. Any suggestions?

A vegan friend of mine really likes Adzuki bean burgers.There is no meat, eggs, no animal products in whatsoever (which naturally makes it vegan-friendly). Mostly it's just the beans, a bit of onion, breadcrumbs, herbs and a few other key ingredients I can't really remember. I you look it up online, you will find lots of recipes for it, I'm sure.

Comment

Try a blackbean or a lentil veggie burger.

Comment

There are also potato and bean veggie burgers you can make or if you want it to be super easy, you can make them a portobello mushroom burger. Those mushrooms are huge and act as the perfect patty!

Comment

Please tell me that you're not going to go over to the "green" side and become a veggie burger eater like your guests!! J/K, I think it's great that you actually want to make them something from scratch instead of just serving them those cardboard burgers grocery stores sell for vegetarians. Believe it or not, I've had a couple of homemade veggie burgers in my lifetime and I think my favourite is probably the Adzuki bean burger. If you look up Gillian McKeith, she's a Scottish nutritionist, her site has some great veggie-friendly recipes, like the Adzuki bean burger one, that you might find useful. Let me know if you knock their socks off!

Comment

LOL I'm definitely not going vegetarian. I am trying to cut down on the amount of meat that I eat all week long because it's using up too many of my calories and my doc said that it's not good for me to eat that much meat. Thanks for the suggestion, Speeddemon. I'll look for that one and give it a try

Comment

Mmmm adzuki bean burgers. I love those! I make them all the time. I've never tired a lentil buger. That sounds interesting. Hope you impress your guests, Bethie.

Comment

Working...
              X