Healthy stews and soups that won't make me fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy stews and soups that won't make me fat

Hi everyone! Does anyone have a recipe for soups and stews that will taste good as the weather gets colder but that won’t ruin my weight loss efforts? I’m a calorie tracker and I try to keep bad fats under control (they’re high in calories anyway) so I need something that won’t eat up my entire quota.

I would honestly suggest making stews that are loaded with vegetables and are light on the meat and salt. Consider making your own meat stalk or purchase ones with no salt added. Along with the vegetable consider adding whole grain rice, or barley.

Comment

I personally like spicy chicken noodle. I use egg noodles, pieces of chicken breast, carrots, celery, green onion and tomato. I make the chicken stock from scratch and add just a hint of salt and use sriracha sauce for spice. I also find chilli powder and white pepper adds a lot of kick if you don't want to use a bottled sauce for spice.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
        I personally like spicy chicken noodle. I use egg noodles, pieces of chicken breast, carrots, celery, green onion and tomato. I make the chicken stock from scratch and add just a hint of salt and use sriracha sauce for spice. I also find chilli powder and white pepper adds a lot of kick if you don't want to use a bottled sauce for spice.

That sounds like a pretty good soup Charlotte, and I agree with you that adding spice is a great way to add flavour and cut down on the salt. I don't know much about Sriracha sauce, but doesn't that have a lot of sodium and other junk in it?

Comment

You can always just choose a stew that uses beef broth but that doesn't actually include any beef. Just add black beans instead. You get lots of protein and great nutrients but you skip all of the bad fats that are involved in eating actual red meat. You just have to make sure that you choose a stock that is low sodium or even no sodium. That way you can know for sure that you're not subbing one bad food for another.

Comment

Soups and stews aren't bad. It's all about portion size.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              Soups and stews aren't bad. It's all about portion size.

I agree Bruce. While some soups and stews are better for you than other (which can be said for just about any type of food) it really does boil down to how much you eat. Just make the soup or stew isn't super high in salt, fat and sugar and you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
              X