What exactly is quinoa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is quinoa?

I've heard that quinoa is really healthy for you. But what is it exactly and how do you eat or cook with it? Is it easy to find?

Quinoa is a seed that can be prepared as a whole grain, like barely or rice. It is fast and easy to cook and you prepare it just as you would rice. It is really healthy for you too. It's a good source of protein, offers you fiber and it isn't terribly high in calories. There are different ways that you can enjoy it. You'll find lost of recipes online. It is easy to find. If your local grocery story doesn't sell it, try bulk food stores.
    Last edited by Tony1968; 11-05-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Quinoa is soooo good. One of my personal favorites is quinoa with roasted garlic tomatoes & spinach! I also like a lot of quinoa salads. Try adding ur favourite grilled vegetables 2 it & youll likely find that its really good

Comment

Quinoa is a type of ancient grain. It was loved by several ancient cultures, even the Egyptians. It needs to be rinsed and boiled to soften it and it feels like little tiny bubbles in your mouth, not unlike caviar. What makes it fantastic is that it not only provides a healthy source of many vitamins and minerals as well as fiber, it is also a source of complete protein, which is rare in vegetarian sources.

This is great mixed with salads, other grains, or even on its own with a bit of jam or syrup for breakfast.

Comment

Don't just try to eat a bowl of it, plain. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
            Don't just try to eat a bowl of it, plain. Not good.

Thanks for all of your response and thank you for your honest opinion Bonnie! I'll take that one to heart lol.

Comment

Working...
            X