How do you cook with ginger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you cook with ginger?

I typically have ginger in teas (one's that packaged). The only other time I've seen it is in ground form and pickled when served with sushi. Does anyone know how to cook with ginger or have a good recipe they can share. I know that it's supposed to be good for you and I'd like to add more to my diet, but I have no idea how to use. Also...does actual ginger root taste good?

Can't you just cut it up and add it to recipes? I'm pretty sure you just have to buy ginger root, peel it and then add a bit to whatever you're cooking. Just make sure you only add a small amount thought. Ginger can pack some serious punch and if you over-ginger it will be all you taste and could ruin the overall effect you are attempting to make with your dish. I would recommend that you try adding it to a stirfry first.

Comment

I take a piece of ginger root (about half inch for a stir fry) and I cut off all of the peel because that stuff tastes bitter and is tough. I then cut it up as finely as I can, making teensy tiny cubes out of it. Like dice for Barbie. That size. Then I toss that in when I add the veggies to the olive oil in the pan. It gives a bright, slightly spiced flavor. You can use more if you want it to be more zingy. It goes really well with garlic and with asian veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        I take a piece of ginger root (about half inch for a stir fry) and I cut off all of the peel because that stuff tastes bitter and is tough. I then cut it up as finely as I can, making teensy tiny cubes out of it. Like dice for Barbie. That size. Then I toss that in when I add the veggies to the olive oil in the pan. It gives a bright, slightly spiced flavor. You can use more if you want it to be more zingy. It goes really well with garlic and with asian veggies.

LOL I loved that description "like dice for Barbie" That was a great mental image! Thank you for the ideas. I can see how it might go well with garlic.I'm going to give that a try tonight with some veggies.

Comment

Working...
        X