wheatgrass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheatgrass

I want to be able to incorporate wheatgrass into my regular diet. I haven’t tried this before but I think that the new year is a good time to get started with something so healthy. The problem is that i don’t like just drinking it on its own as a shot like a lot of people do.

Can anyone suggest a way to cover up the flavor without sacrificing the health benefits, or to work it into some other form that will allow me to benefit from wheatgrass’s nutrition?

I think that's something that is juiced. Just add something with a stronger flavor

Comment

Is wheatgrass just wheat while it's still green?

Comment

I've never even heard of that before. Is it actually...grass?

Comment

yup it actually is grass, Teensytiff. It's the young grass of a wheat plant and it is a good source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.

I'd make juice or smoothie out of it, envirotodd. A lot of people tend to chase it with juice, like cranberry or oj.

Comment

envirotodd do u take wheatgrass in powder or the actual stuff? Does it really taste that bad?

Comment

Aw...eT...you don't want to drink down that garbage do you? But if you insist on trying it and making it taste better, I say add it to whiskey LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                Aw...eT...you don't want to drink down that garbage do you? But if you insist on trying it and making it taste better, I say add it to whiskey LOL!
                You're just terrible, Speeddemon, but I have to admit that you still made me laugh! I do agree that wheatgrass tastes like a compost bin, though. Aren't there better ways to be healthy?

Comment

LOL. It really does taste terrible. There are tons of other ways to be healthy. I'm not saying that those who want to take the wheatgrass route are fools, but considering many of us who want to be healthy and who are watching our weight already have to give up so many of the things we already like. The more things we add to the mix that taste nasty, the harder it is to stay motivated and on track with weight loss goals.

Comment

Working...
                  X