Eggplant - Just how good is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggplant - Just how good is it?

I typically avoid eating eggplant. Not because I don't like it, but because it's one of those vegetables that I have no idea how to cook. I can never remember if it's ok to eat the skin and as much as I don't mind it, for the most part when I do it, I do find it a little bitter. Does anyone here like eggplant and cook it regularly? If so, I'd love a couple of tips. Also, what sort of nutrients is it high in? Thanks!

I believe it is really good for you. It's high in antioxidants. To get rid of the bitter taste, try frying them up in butter and salt. I think you can also soak them in oil or vinegar or something like that. No idea if you can eat the skin.

Comment

It's really good for you as long as you cook it in the right way. Don't deep fry it haha

Comment

I think it's quite good for you as long as you don't eat the skin

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
          I believe it is really good for you. It's high in antioxidants. To get rid of the bitter taste, try frying them up in butter and salt. I think you can also soak them in oil or vinegar or something like that. No idea if you can eat the skin.

Thanks for that tip. I didn't know you could get rid of the bitter flavor. I've always stayed away from eggplant cause I found it too bitter.

Comment

What's wrong with the skin? I've eaten it before. Is it bad for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
              What's wrong with the skin? I've eaten it before. Is it bad for you?

I'm thinking if you've eaten the skin before and nothing bad happened, then it's alright.

Thank you for the tip Tony1968. I'll try your salt and butter technique.

Comment

Working...
              X