Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a healthy way to make rice crispy squares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a healthy way to make rice crispy squares?

I know that rice crispy squares are made with marshmallow, but is there any other way that they can be made that doesn't include such a sugary product? Is there any other ingredient I could use that has less sugar, but still provides the gummy consistency that makes these squares awesome?

LOL I think the way to make them healthy is to not make them at all. You could probably do something very complicated and make your own marshmallows and choose a different whole grain cereal, but it would likely be a huge amount of work and not taste good. I don't really like homemade marshmallows, too.

Comment

Um, ya, I agree with Bean. A healthy rice crispy square is no rice crispy square at all. Honestly, if you like these treats, just make them like you always do and have them as a treat on occasion. Don't fool yourself into thinking that finding a healthier way to make them is a good idea. You won't like this new recipe as much. If you want a rice crispy alternative, eat some fruit.

Comment

If you want rice crispy squares, just make a half batch of them and cut them small so that you can enjoy what you want in a small portion. Enjoy!

Comment

LOL! Thanks for all of your responses everyone. I guess there really is no other way around it. I'll just have to eat fewer of them when I make them hahaha.

Comment

Working...
          X