Healthy smoothie recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy smoothie recipes

As the weather gets warm again I’m back to trying to get back into drinking great smoothies yet again. I’m looking for recipes now that will help me to jam as much nutrition and weight loss friendly stuff into one beverage, without tasting like a mouthful of spicy lawn clippings or something like that.

I’ve been getting into things like the use of turmeric and chia seeds. Also, I’m getting into unsweetened almond milk. I don’t have to use those ingredients but if you have a recipe that uses those things, then please share because I am definitely interested.

I find that the best smoothies are those that have my favorite fruits in them. This changes throughout the seasons, because the fruits that are in season typically taste the best. Try mixing the stuff you do like with plain yogurt, green tea, banana, and whatever other fruit you like that's in season.

Comment

I agree. I like putting almond milk in mine for a touch of a nutty taste. Chia seeds are good as long as you plan to drink it about 10 minutes after you make it. That way they soften up but they don't gel the whole thing!

Comment

Tumeric?? Wouldn't that just make the smoothie taste like mustard

Comment

Working...
        X