Pomegranate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pomegranate

Anyone have any good recipe ideas for pomegranate? I got a bunch left over from Christmas. Also, how healthy are they for you?

THere's this dessert/salad that I absolutely love. It's SO simple. Cut up some pineapple, mix it with some pomegranate seeds and shred up/chop up some fresh mint leaves and mix that all together. Give it a couple of minutes for all the flavors to combine and then YUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
      THere's this dessert/salad that I absolutely love. It's SO simple. Cut up some pineapple, mix it with some pomegranate seeds and shred up/chop up some fresh mint leaves and mix that all together. Give it a couple of minutes for all the flavors to combine and then YUM!

Oh my gosh, Bethie! That sounds sooo good. It sounds like something you'd be served in a fancy restaurant. I'm gonna pick up the ingredients the next time I shop and try it. If it's as good as it sounds I'm gonna serve it the next time I have guests and impress them haha.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Oh my gosh, Bethie! That sounds sooo good. It sounds like something you'd be served in a fancy restaurant. I'm gonna pick up the ingredients the next time I shop and try it. If it's as good as it sounds I'm gonna serve it the next time I have guests and impress them haha.
        Can I be one of your guests. That sounds SO amazing. Actually, it sounds pretty easy, so I won't invite myself over, I'll just make it, myself. Is it possible to just buy pomegranate seeds or do you have to extract them from the fruit, yourself? That's the part I hate. It's so messy!

Comment

hahah you gals are so funny! But I do agree that that recipe sounds great Bethie. Can I go to your place to BabyButtons?

PamelaPoison - I also hate that part, but I think there's actually a pertty easy way to extract them. Cut it in half and put one half in water and pick out the seeds. They'll all sink to the bottom while the membrane will float to the top. It's pretty quick easy and not messy.

Comment

One of the best ways to remove the seeds fast and really easy from a pomegranate and with very little mess is to bang out the seeds with a wooden spoon. Here’s what you do. You cut the pomegranate in half. Take one half and stretch the sides out a bit with your hands to help break up/stretch the membrane. Continue holding on to the pomegranate half in one hand and turn it upside down over a large bowl so the seeds are facing the bowl. Take a sturdy wooden spoon (I usually use a fairly big one) and smack the pomegranate shell repeatedly all over (watch your fingers!) The seeds will easily release from the membrane and drop into the bowl. In about 10 seconds, the seeds will be out. No fuss and no mess!

And you're all welcome to try my pomegranate salad!

Comment

If you put the pomegranate inside a clear plastic bag that you tie off or close with a twist-tie, then you can do BabyButtons's entire technique inside a plastic bag (whacking it with the spoon on the outside of the bag and the pomegranate on the inside of the bag. Then, pour the results of your anger-management technique into a bowl rinse the plastic bag and recycle it.

Comment

Working...
              X