No Brainer Veggie Snack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Brainer Veggie Snack

One of the best low-cal and low-fat snacks you can eat that is good for your health and for weight loss is raw vegetables and dip. Cut up an assortment of your favorite vegetables, legumes, and what not (personally I like carrots, mushrooms, snowpeas, beans, broccoli, cucumber and raddish) and put them on a plate. As for the dip, use non-fat yogurt, hummus, a light salad dressing, or even guacamole. Don't use more than 1 or 2 teaspoons of dip or you'll kill the benefit of the vegetables.

This snack is great in the afternoon and in the evening. It might now sound like much, nor is it a rocket science recipe, but it's fast, easy, and is good for you.

That's a good idea but make sure that you don't screw up and use the wrong kind of dip. Otherwise, you could blow your calories, salt, sugar, and fat intake for the whole day with one measly little snack. If you do the kinds of dips that you suggested, that's fine, but a lot of ranch dressings and other creamy dressings, and veggie dips that you buy pre made in the store are pretty much the same as a ground up cheeseburgers in terms of diet busters. Just a heads up.

Comment

Bell peppers are really good, too, and there are a lot of differnet types of them

Comment

Ya, that's a pretty good snack tip when you have the right dips. But I gotta say, it really only lasts for about a week until the novelty wears off. It's one of those snacks that's good in theory but ends up not being very realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
          Ya, that's a pretty good snack tip when you have the right dips. But I gotta say, it really only lasts for about a week until the novelty wears off. It's one of those snacks that's good in theory but ends up not being very realistic.
          I'm with Janet on this one. It's not a bad idea to start but it just isn't something I've found I could ever stick to. veggies...just don't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
            ​

How can you find this snack unrealistic? Do you really find it difficult to throw a bunch of raw veggies on a plate and eat it? This may not be the snack for you but it's hardly unrealistic. It's actually very simple and good for you.

Comment

I agree with you JennyR. It may not be the ONLY snack you ever eat, but it is certainly good for the majority of times. Especially if you mix it up. You might have carrots and celery one day but you'll have mushrooms and radishes one day, and broccoli and blueberries one day, and so on. That way it really doesn't get old.

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
                I agree with you JennyR. It may not be the ONLY snack you ever eat, but it is certainly good for the majority of times. Especially if you mix it up. You might have carrots and celery one day but you'll have mushrooms and radishes one day, and broccoli and blueberries one day, and so on. That way it really doesn't get old.
                Good point. If you mix it up instead of eating the same ones every day it will always feel like you're having something new. Good way to try new veggies for the first time, too

Comment

Working...
                X