sweet potato squash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet potato squash

I picked up a sweet potato squash at the farmer’s market today without knowing really what to do with it. It just looked cool and I liked the name. Anyone know how I should make it or what it tastes like?

I know this isn't an overly creative suggestion, but I personally love baking squash. It's fast, easy and tastes awesome. You can eat it without adding any other flavors or you can cook it in a bit of oil or butter and mmmm it tastes so good! You can also bake it and then fry it up with some other veggies and beans to make a really hearty meal!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post
      I know this isn't an overly creative suggestion, but I personally love baking squash. It's fast, easy and tastes awesome. You can eat it without adding any other flavors or you can cook it in a bit of oil or butter and mmmm it tastes so good! You can also bake it and then fry it up with some other veggies and beans to make a really hearty meal!
      Ya, I gotta say baking them is probably the route I'd take. You could always take the seeds out, cut the outside off and bake the chunks with chunks of onion. Coat both in olive oil first. Delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post

Ya, I gotta say baking them is probably the route I'd take. You could always take the seeds out, cut the outside off and bake the chunks with chunks of onion. Coat both in olive oil first. Delicious!

Oh my gosh Bruce that sounds sooo good. I also bake my squash but I never thought of actually preparing it that way. That sounds really delicious and once you pull it out of the oven it's all done. I think I might do a medley of squashes like that and serve it as one of my dishes for Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

Oh my gosh Bruce that sounds sooo good. I also bake my squash but I never thought of actually preparing it that way. That sounds really delicious and once you pull it out of the oven it's all done. I think I might do a medley of squashes like that and serve it as one of my dishes for Thanksgiving!
          Oh ya, pretty much all squashes would work. It's pretty much my go-to for any squash since I don't know a lot of recipes. You can throw beets in there and big chunks of parsnip or carrot. Just try to make all the pieces about the same size so you don't end up burning some and undercooking others.

Comment

Working...
          X