canned soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canned soup

is there a canned soup that is easy to find and that is both good for you and good for a diet, or are they all just full of salt and hidden sugar?

I can't really name one but just look at the nutrition table and look for one with lower sodium and that isn't full of sugar. Just pick up what's there on the shelf and start comparing. You may as well skip anything with sausage or bacon, just as a heads up.

Comment

I think they're mostly just full of salt and sugar. There are some brands better than others, of course, but none are really "healthy" for you. I would suggest eating it on occasion and comparing labels to find the best one. Just remember that when they say it's "reduced fat" usually there is more sugar added to make up for the loss of flavor.

Comment

I have better luck with soup in cartons than cans. Also, broths are better than creams

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
          I have better luck with soup in cartons than cans. Also, broths are better than creams

I feel the same way, MadMike and I'm in complete agreement about broths over creams. That said, if it is pre-packaged it does typically contain high sodium and sugar contents, especially when the amounts for the serving size they provide is 1/2 the contents of the can/carton or less and most of us are inclined to eat more than that. That's where I have to be careful cause I usually eat more than the serving.

Comment

Working...
          X