Can cake be healthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can cake be healthy?

I really want to have cake on occasion. I just love it. I want to have dessert after my meals on the weekend. But now when I eat cake i feel so guilty about the sugar, salt and calories. I’ve become so used to thinking about what I eat that it’s ruining the good stuff. Is there any way to turn cake into something that’s healthy so I don’t have to torture myself and can finally actually enjoy it?

To be honest Bethie, I think it's best to accept that cake will never be good for your physical health and if you try to enjoy it in a way that would be good for your body, you'll only end up making a dessert that doesn't taste like cake...so even if it's good, it won't be what you want it to be so you won't get any satisfaction out of it (trust me...been there and regretted that!).

Enjoy your cake in moderation as you have been and DON'T feel bad about it. It's a treat and while it might not do any favors for your waistline, when enjoyed occasionally it's not hurting anything, plus it can be good for your mental health, which is equally as important

Comment

I'm starting to think it's not good for us to think of foods as being bad. Instead, just think of foods in terms of how much you should eat. Not foods you should or should not eat

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        I'm starting to think it's not good for us to think of foods as being bad. Instead, just think of foods in terms of how much you should eat. Not foods you should or should not eat

I really agree with you on this PamelaPoison. If we label foods as bad or good for us, we create an unhealthy association with food which can lead us to making bad choices or judging how something will taste based on the stereotype we give it. It's far better to watch how much you eat and to trust your instincts. Most of us already know what foods are high in nutrition and which ones are treat food. Enjoy the food you eat, just don't eat more than you know you need.

Comment

Working...
        X