Is quiche a health food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is quiche a health food?

If I make a crustless quiche with 4 eggs, almond milk, carrots, Brussels sprouts, cheese, bell pepper and black pepper and then I eat half of it (2 eggs worth), am I eating healthy? Does it become a junk food if I put it in a frozen pie crust?

I would say you're eating healthy! I think it's healthier without the frozen pie crust, but equally I don't think it's a bad thing if you want to add the crust every once in a while You can always make your own crust if you want, too. That way, you can control what goes into it.

Comment

Yes crust less quiche is great for you. I would also recommend using a low-fat milk option instead of cream and going light on the cheese. That said, all the veggies you add to your recipe are great for you! I think it's a wonderful way to get protein and lots of nutrients

Comment

sounds like a health food to me! Especially with more cheese

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
          sounds like a health food to me! Especially with more cheese

Exactly PamelaPoison! The more cheese the better hahah! But in all seriousness Bean, yeah it's a good and healthy meal

Comment

I really love quiches so I could probably sit down and eat a whole one. I'm not proud of it but it's true. So I load mine up with veggies so I'll eat less quiche but more veg! It's super delicious and I get several servings of vegetables in one plate!

Comment

Working...
            X