Asparagus and weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asparagus and weight loss

I really like asparagus and many local farms around me are now selling it! I'm wondering just how good it is for me and if it helps with weight loss at all...also, why does it make pee smell???

I don't have the answer to the pee smelling thing other than I guess it just contains something that stinks and that doesn't get absorbed by your body so it goes straight through. I mean, asparagus doesn't smell fantastic when it's cooking either so I guess it's just full of stinkies.
    But I'd say go for it in terms of eating it as a weight loss food. It's really high in nutrients that the body needs and it's really high in fiber. Because it's such a great food for your body and it's low in calories, that makes it a good weight loss food in my book.
    You're lucky it's still at your local farms. My local farms ran out of it a few weeks ago since it's usually just grown in early spring. I guess the weather has been very weird this year.

Comment

I agree with Bethie, it is good for you and it's great to include in your diet whenever you can...as for the pee stink...yeah, it's just something that happens when your body digests this vegetable. It's completely harmless...it's just stinks....a lot. I thought there was seriously something wrong with me the first time I experienced it haha. Funny thing is, while asparagus apparently has the same stink effect on all those who eat it, only some of us can smell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        I agree with Bethie, it is good for you and it's great to include in your diet whenever you can...as for the pee stink...yeah, it's just something that happens when your body digests this vegetable. It's completely harmless...it's just stinks....a lot. I thought there was seriously something wrong with me the first time I experienced it haha. Funny thing is, while asparagus apparently has the same stink effect on all those who eat it, only some of us can smell it.
        LOL did you really think there was something wrong with you when that happened the first time? It's so weird that only some people can smell it but we all have stinky asparagus pee. So does that mean that there are millions of people out there who are eating that veggie and leaving that smell behind without even realizing it? I'd hate to think of that happening if I was a guest someplace and i didn't even know I was doing that haha

Comment

Haha. Well the good news is if you were a guest at some place and that was happening, everyone else would likely stink too, unless you're the only one who ate esparagus so it's not like anyone would notice hahaha. You know...come to think of it, does white esparagus cause the same thing? I've only ever eaten green.

Comment

Thanks for explaining this guys! I'm glad it is good for me and I'm glad I'm not the only one with stinky pee haha

Comment

Working...
            X