Are eggs healthy or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are eggs healthy or not?

I’ve always been confused about eggs. Some people say they are super healthy and they should be included in your daily diet. Others say they are super high in cholesterol and should be eaten every few days as opposed to every day. Anyone know what the truth about eggs and their nutritional value? Also, are they beneficial for weight loss at all? Thanks.

Eggs r really good 4 u & highly nutritious but like most foods they should be eaten in moderation. Also, how u cook eggs makes a big difference in how good they r 4 u. Plain poached & boiled eggs r better 4 u than fried eggs.

Comment

Eggs are great for you. If you're worried about the "down side" off eggs, such as the high cholesterol, you can follow the very clever advice of BabyButtons in terms of preparation, or you can eat only egg whites. You can buy those in cartons at the grocery store so that you aren't just buying eggs and wasting all of the yolks.

Comment

I love egg yolks, but they really are where all of the “bad stuff” is if you are worried about your cholesterol. As enviroTodd said, stick to egg whites mostly and you’ve got yourself one healthy food, especially since eggs are an excellent source of protein.

Comment

They are good for you but in moderation. Also, if you just want to eat the egg whites but don't want to throw out the yolks or go through the hassle of separating the yolks from the egg, some stores sell liquid egg whites in a container. They're fast and easy to make and taste good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
            They are good for you but in moderation. Also, if you just want to eat the egg whites but don't want to throw out the yolks or go through the hassle of separating the yolks from the egg, some stores sell liquid egg whites in a container. They're fast and easy to make and taste good too.
            It’s better to have fresh egg whites than pre-made ones from a box. Also, keep in mind that you probably eat a lot more eggs than you realize. Don’t just count the eggs you fry up, boil, scramble or poach. Eggs are also used in many foods, especially baked goods, mayo and other dressings.

Comment

They are very healthy. Every once in a while I make myself a frittata or an omelet for dinner. There's nothing better than wrapping steamed fresh vegetables in a hot blanket of eggs. This with a side of sweet potato and fruit for dessert is very tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                Eggs are great for you. If you're worried about the "down side" off eggs, such as the high cholesterol, you can follow the very clever advice of BabyButtons in terms of preparation, or you can eat only egg whites. You can buy those in cartons at the grocery store so that you aren't just buying eggs and wasting all of the yolks.
                I didnt know that u can buy egg whites in cartons @ the grocery store! That is very clever. Do they taste good envirotodd?

Comment

Thanks for all the egg info. I’m glad to hear that they are better for you than I thought. I will definitely try that frittata it sounds delicious WolfMoon. I’ll also look for the egg whites in a carton, thanks for that enviroTodd and Charlotte.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                    I didnt know that u can buy egg whites in cartons @ the grocery store! That is very clever. Do they taste good envirotodd?
                    They taste just like egg whites do, BabyButtons. No difference at all, except that you don't have to separate them from the yolks, yourself. Why don't you come over and I'll make you an omelet

Comment

• BabyButtons
                      BabyButtons commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure! Id love 2 lol

Eggs are super healthy. You only need to skip the yolks if you have a cholesterol problem. If you eat one egg and are careful with your diet, that cholesterol won't hurt a healthy person.

Comment

Working...
                    X