milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milk

Can you get sick from drinking spoiled milk? I've been reading conflicting things online. Does it just taste bad?

I think it depends on how spoiled the milk is and whether or not you have an iron stomach. Personally, I wouldn't drink it past it's expiry (or best before) if it's already been opened. If it hasn't been opened and it's reached it's expiry I would only trust it for that day and then pitch it. Ingesting expired dairy can wreak havoc on your digestive system and make you quite sick if you're not careful. Also, don't just rely on your nose to test and see if dairy is bad. Usually once it starts to smell it's already been bad for a couple of days.

Comment

I wouldn't drink expired milk. I did it once and it was nooooot good. I got pretty sick until my body finally eliminated everything. I went off milk for a long time after that. I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

Comment

I've had milk a couple days after the expiry and I've never had a problem. That said, I'd recommend you just toss if it is spoiled. No one needs milk that badly that taking the risk of getting sick is necessary.

Comment

Yes, you can get sick. No, you should never ingest spoiled milk or any other foods or liquid for that matter. Don’t think twice about trashing spoiled products because you think or wonder that they may be ok. Just throw them out.

Comment

It tastes bad and it is bad for you. As Tony1968 said, just throw out bad food. Don't listen to crazy people online who tell you drinking spoiled milk is okay.

Comment

sour milk is filled with bacteria that can make you really sick. you can't drink it and you can't even safely boil it to get the bad bacteria out because some of it will live through it.

Comment

if you have smelled sour milk, why would you ever want to try to eat it? It's so clearly wrong!

Comment

Working...
                X