Red Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Wine

Are there any actual health benefits to red wine? I know some people say drinking a single glass per day is good for you, but why is it only red wine? What makes it better for you than white wine? Does anyone know?

There is no solid evidence that red wine is better for you than white wine because not enough research has been done to prove this. That said, both red and white wine are high in antioxidants, which, when consumed in small amounts (one glass per day (approximately 5 oz) for women and up to two glasses a day for men) can be beneficial to your cardiovascular health. That said, don’t forget that wine is also high in calories. On average, one glass of red has just over 100 calories.

Comment

Red wine has tannins with resveratrol. Those are good for you. So it's not that it's better for you than white wine, it's just good for you in a different way.

Comment

There are some health benefits, which Lady Greenfairy has pointed out, but honestly you can get those health benefits from eating other stuff. I don’t really think that drinking a glass of wine is all that good for your health or your wallet.

Comment

Sure, one glass of red wine isn’t bad for you. If it is what you enjoy, have it. It’s certainly a heck of a lot better to have a glass of red wine with dinner than a soda.

Comment

Just remember that one glass isn't that big. We're not talking about a water goblet when it comes to the size of one healthy glass of wine haha

Comment

Thank you! I think that pretty much answered my question

Comment

Working...
              X