Is bread really so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is bread really so bad?

I'm not following a low carb diet or anything but anytime I tell someone that I'm on a diet and then they see me eating a sandwich or some other kind of bread, they look at me like I'm eating a pound of butter in one sitting. Is bread really as bad as all that when it comes to dieting?

Like anything else, just have it in moderation

Comment

No, it’s really not as bad as people say it is. Like PamelaPoison said, just enjoy it in moderation. Also choose whole grain breads over white and whole wheat options. You’ll get more nutrients out of it.

Comment

Bread in moderation isn't bad for your diet. Lot of people who are obsessed with dramatically cutting carbs out of their diet look at bread like it is the enemy, but like any other food, a little bread is really not going to hurt you. Just choice the healthiest options (whole grain) and pay attention to how much you eat. For instance, if you're going to have a sandwich for lunch, skip eating toast in the morning or having bread with dinner. There is a big difference between eating two pieces a day and six pieces.

Comment

It can be bad if you eat a lot of it. There's nothing wrong with eating a sandwich, but at the same time you need to pay attention to all the other carbs you are eating. I reduced the amount of bread I eat, but I still find I eat a lot of other carbs, such as pasta, cereal, cookies and other baked goods. So bread isn't bad for you, but some times it's easier to cut out the bread if you eat lots of other carbs, too.

Comment

Working...
          X